J At School Staff – Before School, Recess and After School (PT)
J at School offers engaging BeforeSchool, Recess, Enrichment and AfterSchool programs designed to give children time to relax and unwind before, during and after a busy school day. Our goal is to stimulate children’s minds and bodies through a balanced schedule of physical activities, art projects, supervised homework time, and games. J at School programs guide children through a values based experience while having more weekday fun.
Specific staff duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Arrive on time each day prepared to immediately interact with children;
- Ensure safety and security of all children;
- Assist students during homework time;
- Support the planning and implementation of classroom curriculum and weekly lesson plans;
- Follow designated schedule and maintain routine for students;
- Communicate regularly with parents through informal daily communications as well as bi-monthly newsletters;
- Actively participate in mandatory staff orientation/training and quarterly staff meetings.
Essential Job Duties:
- Supervise children by sight and sound.
- Stand for long periods of time and be able to run and actively engage physically with children.
- React with physical and mental alertness in emergency situations.
- Demonstrate physical stamina and agility required to be mobile for long periods throughout the day.
- Lift/move materials, equipment or bins up to 50 lbs.
- Move from sitting (chair and floor) to standing position easily and quickly.
- Use hands for grasping classroom equipment and play material.
- Be in a swimming pool up to one hour, 2 days per week observing children and participating in swim lessons as needed (certain JCC sites only).
Mid August- Mid June (schedule varies by school)
Monday-Friday, approximately 7:00-9:00am, 10:00-1:00pm and/or 2:30-6:00pm
Minimum age of 18 years and high school diploma; previous experience with school-age children; demonstrated ability to be energetic and personable; exceptional listening skills with the ability to use appropriate and positive discipline; must be able to communicate with a varied audience including children, parents, staff and other JCC and school personnel; participation in mandatory orientation and training sessions. Commitment to one school year highly preferred. Dependability, timeliness, flexibility and adaptability a must!
Click to apply