AfterSchool Staff (PT)
Chicago, Skokie, Northbrook
JCC AfterSchool is an enriching after school program designed to give children time to relax and unwind after a busy school day. Our goal is to stimulate children’s minds and bodies through a balanced schedule of physical activities, art projects, supervised homework time, and games. The program guides children through a values based experience while having more weekday fun.
Specific staff duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in the planning and implementation of classroom curriculum and weekly lesson plans;
- Lead daily activities;
- Supervise homework time;
- Ensure safety and security of children enrolled;
- Follow designated schedule and maintain routine for students;
- Communicate regularly with parents through informal daily communications as well as bi-monthly newsletters;
- Actively participate in staff orientation/training and quarterly staff meetings.
Mid August- Mid June (schedule varies by school)
Monday-Friday approximately 2:30-6:00pm
Minimum age of 18 years and high school diploma; previous experience with school-age children; demonstrated ability to be energetic and personable; exceptional listening skills with the ability to use appropriate and positive discipline; must be able to communicate with a varied audience including children, parents, staff and other JCC and school personnel. Dependability, flexibility and adaptability a must!
Click to apply