Assistant Director, Camp Chi
Summer Location: Camp Chi in Lake Delton, WI
Fall-Spring Office: Mayer Kaplan JCC, Skokie
The Assistant Director of Camp Chi serves as a member of the management team in creating the vision for and the development and implementation of programs that shape and define the Camp Chi experience with an emphasis on teens. The Assistant Camp Director plays a role in the recruitment of campers, develops and oversees year round teen programs under the auspice of Chi Town Connection (CTC), heads up various teen retreats and reunion programs for all age groups and serves as a liaison between the Camp Chi staff and the community as a whole.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work collaboratively with the Associate Director to develop and implement a vision and strategy for year round teen outreach and teen program development.
- Manage ongoing development, implementation and oversight of the summer teen programs, including program development, staff placement, camper management, policies & parent communication.
- Plan and supervise the staff on the Pacific Northwest Teen Adventure Trip.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing programs; determine new courses of action, assist with marketing & sales strategies for teen programs.
- Develop and implement year round Chi Town connection strategic plan and associated programs.
- Assist with camper recruitment and sales presentations.
- Work with JCC Association on the development and management of the Teen Israel Trip Experience.
- Ongoing development and, oversight of the Staff In Training Program.
- Develop and supervise the Camp Chi Modern Israel History Program.
- Provide coverage of 2-3 rental groups at Perlstein Resort and Conference Centers during the year.
- Work with Associate Camp Director to develop and monitor budgets.
- Supervise summer staff around the budgeting to control expenses.
- Help to interview, hire and supervise Israel Educator, PNW Trip Leaders and teen camp general counselors.
- Work with camp management team to develop & implement summer staff training.
- Establish and maintain relationships within the greater JCC community that allow for collaborative programming/sales efforts as well as a strong connection within the Agency.
- Staff 1-2 programs throughout the agency such as JCC’s 2nd Fridays, Got Shabbat, etc. as needed.
- Develop effective and engaging communications with program participants and parents to include Social Media, email campaigns, etc.
- Administrative work – JCC meetings, Camp Chi planning mtgs. phone contacts, written correspondence with parents, staff, etc.
- Bachelors Degree in Education, Recreation, Jewish Studies, Social Work, Business; Masters Degree in Education, Social Work or Non-Profit Management preferred.
- 3+ years previous year around supervisory and program management experience in a camping environment (overnight camping preferred).
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing teen programs.
- Proficiency and experience utilizing various forms of Social Media to communicate and connect with program participants.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Judaica with a familiarity and comfort level in working with a diverse Jewish community.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and databases with the ability to learn other technology as required.
- Budget and business management experience preferred.
Click to apply