Leave a Legacy
Abroad range of major and planned giving opportunities are available to meet your financial and philanthropic goals. Endowment gifts provide the vital resources necessary for JCC Chicago to meet the ever-changing needs of our growing community, both now and into the future.
Ways to establish your legacy at JCC Chicago:
are specific gifts through your will that allows you to retain your assets during your lifetime, provide tax advantages and ensure the values you share with JCC Chicago will inspire future generations. If you’ve already arranged to include JCC Chicago in your estate plans, please let us know so that we may honor you for your generosity.
Named Endowment Funds…
provide an opportunity for you to establish a permanent endowment in your name or in honor of a loved one, making a difference today and for future generations. Please call us to discuss your specific interests and to learn more about giving opportunities.
is an inexpensive and easy way to make a significant future gift to an organization. Donors with life insurance they no longer need can assign dividends or policy ownership to the JCC Chicago Endowment Foundation. Another option is to designate the JCC Endowment Foundation as the beneficiary of an existing policy.
Life Income Plans…
are an excellent way to create your legacy, benefit from tax deductions and earn high rates of return that can provide income for the people you love. Possibilities include:
- Charitable Gift Annuities: In return for a gift of cash, securities or property, the organization agrees to provide a fixed annual dollar amount to the donor.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts: Donors can make an irrevocable transfer of cash or appreciated assets to a charitable remainder trust, which is administered by a trustee. The income from the trust then goes to the donor’s designated beneficiary, and at the end of the trust term or when all income beneficiaries pass away, the organization receives the remaining principal.
- Charitable Lead Trusts: Income from this type of trust is available to the organization for the length of the donor’s life or for a fixed period of time; after the designated time period, the assets remaining in the trust return to the donor’s family.
About the Foundation
The JCC Chicago Endowment Foundation, in partnership with the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago’s Agency Endowment Program, was created to ensure the future of the agency and its vital programs. All commitments are recognized as gifts to the Federation’s Centennial Campaign. The revenue generated by these funds will enable JCC Chicago to:
- continue providing financial and geographic access to programs and services;
- strengthen Jewish identity and community;
- develop and deliver innovative programs and services; and
- cultivate future leaders in the Jewish community.
Leave your Legacy today!
To learn more about endowment opportunities and how you can get involved today, call JCC Chicago’s Development Office at 312.775.1831.
“Please consult with your financial advisor to determine how these concepts apply to your situation.”